Hornbill creates cloud-based software that helps companies optimize and automate their work, making life at work better for their employees and their customers. Our solutions help IT, HR, Customer Service, and Security teams innovate and transform what they do for their organizations. We are in an exciting growth period and are looking to build on that success.
The Ideal Candidate will…
- Will be comfortable working in an open and collaborative environment.
- Will be comfortable working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Will prefer to write readable (by others) code rather than using esoteric language constructs that make code difficult to understand for others.
- Will favour simplicity over complexity.
- Will champion evolution over revolution.
- Will have an agile collaborative philosophy, develop iteratively, within a test-driven approach to software creation.
- Will be eager to help solve problems when production issues arise.
- Will adapt to existing environments, tools and processes and contribute to improving and evolving the same.
- Design, build and maintain multiple web applications.
- Identify and solve defects found in the product.
- Devise and create automated test cases as required.
- Interact with customers and other stakeholders when required
- Full understanding of Web Technologies (HTML, CSS and Cross Browser issues).
- Full understanding of AJAX, and Asynchronous network use.
- Demonstrable experience with AngularJS (VUE JS is also an advantage).
- Demonstrable experience with Bootstrap.
- Good understanding of debugging JS code, HTTP requests and responses and finding memory leaks.
- Understanding of Database (basic level - Creating tables, queries and updating records).
- Experience with build tools (Grunt, WebPack, etc...).
- User Experience knowledge and good eye for usability and UI detail.
- Proficient understanding and use of source code management tools including SVN and GIT.
- Comfortable with a "continuous integration" approach to software development.
Working at Hornbill
At Hornbill, success means everything. We deliver innovative solutions that have collaboration at their core, and it's our passionate, skilled and motivated team who make this happen. In turn we offer our staff the opportunity to grow, take responsibility and achieve great things, all in the pursuit of personal and business success.
Our success means that we are always on the lookout for high calibre people to join our family. If you'd enjoy an exciting and challenging career with a company that will value you, and if you can demonstrate outstanding ability, then we'd like to hear from you.
While we take work, and especially serving our customers very seriously, we try to have fun doing it. Encouraged (but not compulsory) are a combination of social events, team building activities and, of course, the odd game of Ping-Pong!