Linux Support Engineer
Department: Cloud Team
Hornbill is a leading Enterprise Service Management vendor, with an award-winning technology offering, portfolio of enterprise clients across public and private sectors and strategic partnerships driving significant growth. We have the highest user adoption rate, satisfaction, and support in the industry, and we are looking to strengthen our team even further by recruiting the best. Our solutions help IT, HR, Customer Service, Security, and other teams automate and achieve digital transformation. We are in an exciting growth period and are looking to build on that success.
As we continue to grow, Linux is at the very core of our technology stack and SaaS platform, and we are looking for a Linux Support Engineer to join our growing team. If you are familiar with administering and configuring Linux and general TCP/IP networking architecture and want the opportunity to work on a sophisticated, unique, modern SaaS platform, commercially successful, already deployed globally over three geographical regions, into a number of data centres, and with a focus on performance, scale and a high degree of automation, then this could be the ideal role for you. As well as joining the team to help look after our cloud production environment on a daily basis, you will work on numerous projects, evaluating and familiarising yourself with new technologies to help us find better, improved and new ways of doing things.
Hornbill operates a quality service, we are ISO 27001/ISO27018 certified, we drive innovation, and are always looking for ways to optimise and improve. You will either be a graduate with clear interest and a demonstrable ability with, and understanding of Linux-based systems, relevant work experience in a similar role would be advantageous. The role benefits from medium term, one-to-one mentoring and support giving you an amazing career opportunity to work for a progressive technology company. You will have the opportunity to develop new skills and attain real live experience in cloud systems development, live global operations, as well as software quality, integration, and validation all under the guidance (where required) and support of seasoned and experienced professionals.
- Writing scripts to deploy software on our cloud servers.
- Contributing towards the creation and deployment of proactive monitoring tools.
- Ability to engage with, and provide support to customers (both internal and external) in relation to cloud/infrastructure issues (we have a separate customer support team for general support).
- Investigating and replicating customer issues, in relation to cloud, connectivity and infrastructure issues.
- Verifying software, hot-fixes and patches especially, prior to its deployment into production.
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of one of more scripting languages.
- Ability to create and execute test plans.
- Quality and Customer focused individual.
- Good communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- A can-do attitude to work.
- Able to pick up and run with new ideas quickly.
- Good team player.
- Self -motivated and working independently where requires, as well as being a good team player.
- Willingness, ability, and excitement to learn new technologies.
You may also have
- Ability to troubleshoot server and network problems.
- Knowledge of MySQL, Apache and PHP.
- Exposure to virtualization technologies such as KVM or Xen.
- IT Networking.
- Software Programming Skills/Experience.
Working at Hornbill
Hornbill creates world class cloud-based solutions that help companies optimize and automate their work, making life at work better for their employees and customers. Our solutions help IT, HR, Customer Service, and Security teams innovate and transform the way they work. At Hornbill, success means everything. We deliver innovative collaborative solutions, and our passionate, skilled, and motivated team make this happen. In turn we offer our staff the opportunity to grow, take responsibility and achieve great things, in the pursuit of their personal and business success. We are always on the lookout for high calibre people to join the Hornbill family. If you enjoy an exciting and challenging career within a company where you are valued, and can make a real difference, then we'd like to hear from you. While we take work, and especially serving our customers very seriously, we have fun doing it. Encouraged (but not compulsory) are a combination of social events and team building activities.
Hornbill is an equal opportunity employer and new recruits to Team Hornbill are welcomed without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For full details, please see or Equal Opportunity Policy.