Hornbill Service Manager eliminates the barriers to effective
The use of collaborative workspaces enables team members to easily find and connect subject matter
experts around the globe and ‘tap in’ to federated knowledge and expertise regardless of
Hornbill Service Manager enables individuals and disparate teams to communicate and collaborate in
language, through real-time translation capabilities that facilitate conversations in the language
choice for the user.
Designed for mobile teams - You and your colleagues are not always at your desk so it is essential
team members are notified and take action, wherever they are ensuring they are able to drive
forward and view, update, reassign and authorize requests and activities from a mobile device while
- Put together the best possible team for a project regardless of
- You and your colleagues are able to drive business process
forward while you are on the move.
- You are notified and able to take action when needed, wherever
- Drive efficiencies and performance gains by using the
collective knowledge of the team and find, connect with, and use, pockets of expertise to find
- You want your staff to feel that the tools they use enable them
to perform to the best level possible with the limited resources they have.
Hornbill Service Manager provides an environment where knowledge
is not only shared but can be retained and augmented over time.
Capturing human knowledge is especially important for IT environments that have become more complex,
more distributed, and often harder to understand. Knowledge surrounding the successful management of
the IT environment is scattered, often not fully known, and frequently exists only in people’s
heads. IT professionals often change roles within their organizations, and enjoy a higher level of
employment mobility, with many staying with their current employer for five years or less.
Hornbill Service Manager enables you to bring valuable, but scattered, IT knowledge and data together
in one central place.
- Capture knowledge surrounding the successful management of the
IT environment that is often scattered and frequently exists only in people’s heads.
- Ensure that critical knowledge is not only shared but can be
retained and augmented over time.
- Don’t lose valuable knowledge when team members transfer or
leave, their battle-tested know-how can be passed on to others within the organization.
- Manage risk by ensuring that federated knowledge and
'on-the-job' experience is captured and made available to all.
- By capturing human knowledge and utilizing that knowledge
through a collaborative process you ensure teams have a trusted, complete, and accurate
foundation for rapid decision making and risk analysis to make decision-making faster and more
- Knowledge is refined and ultimately sanctioned through the
process of collaboration, capturing and sourcing consensus of expertise from the whole team.
- Significantly reduce risk and improve IT employee productivity,
substantially improving incident resolution and change execution performance metrics.
Hornbill Service Manager enables the Service Desk team to better
engage and transform the relationship with users
By appreciating the knowledge and self-sufficiency of your users and providing the platform to easily
facilitate self-help, self-service, collaboration and peer to peer support, IT consumers are able to
sort out their own issues by asking the people around them and fellow users found online, only
contacting the service desk as a last resort. This often provides users with an improved experience
leading to higher satisfaction levels as they are able to find resolutions quicker and often in peer
language that they better understand.
IT and Service Desk Teams can participate actively in the conversation themselves, identifying and
endorsing solutions proposed. Analysts are able to monitor the discussions around IT picking up
undeclared issues and addressing them before they fester, or capturing ideas and needs so that they
can improve existing and new IT services to better align with customer requirements.
By implementing new approaches to support service desk teams are able to embrace the BYOD culture –
without a descent into anarchy. Rather than be seen as an inhibitor to user requirements our team is
able to facilitate and support the use of personal devices, keeping control, minimizing risk and
- Relieve the pressure off the service desk – by giving users an
innovative method of securing support from colleagues.
- Improve the customer experience - by providing faster
resolutions using the collective knowledge of the team and pockets of expertise.
- By enabling peer to peer support customers only contact the
service desk as a last resort. They find near-instant solutions in their own language, from
people with the same perspective.
- Improve the customer experience, dramatically reduce costs and
increase productivity simultaneously.
- Proactively embrace opportunities arising from the
consumerization of IT, providing a better customer experience while still lowering cost and
- Your ITSM team can participate in the conversations and take
preemptive action where they spot an imminent problem.
- Your team can capture ideas and requirements to continually
improve and be proactive in better aligning the services you provide to your customers.
- You have the opportunity to devote more resources to more
complex IT Operations initiatives and innovative projects which grow our business by harnessing
and coupling the knowledge of both the user community (through peer-to-peer support) and the IT