The main purpose of IT Service Week is to:
- Highlight the dedication of the entire service desk team - first line, second line and field engineers in delivering great customer service
- Let work colleagues and customers know how vital the role of the IT support analyst/engineer is and that the IT service team committed to meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- 'Blow the trumpet' of the IT service desk staff who work hard and go that extra mile to ensure the technology in their business continues to function
- Boost the morale and teamwork of the IT service desk
- Recognise and reward those teams and employees who deserve it.
- Job swaps and 'back to the service desk' challenges for directors and senior management
- Fancy dress and themed days such as a 'most shocking service desk shirt' competition
- PC support drop-ins and IT support roadshows and inviting customers to nominate their IT service 'hero'
- Company-wide competitions designed by service desk teams including 'Guess Who?' and 'Who's that Service Desk Baby?'
- Service desks raising money for charity
- A local radio phone-in by the service desk.
About the Service Desk Institute (SDI)
Acting as an independent adviser, SDI captures and disseminates creative and innovative ideas for tomorrow's service desk and support operation. SDI sets the standards for the IT support industry and is the conduit for delivering knowledge and career enhancing skills to the professional community. It also offers the opportunity for international recognition of the support centre operation through its globally recognised Service Desk Certification audit programme.
Hornbill's IT Service Management solutions empower Service Delivery Teams to deliver truly customer-centric service and drive greater operational efficiency, enabling them to increase customer satisfaction and do more with the same resources.
Supportworksapplications can be deployed as a cloud-based solution using myservicedesk.com or On-Premise.Ease of use for both service desk analysts and business users ensures customers are able to quickly deliver business value through rapid deployment and adoption of Self-Service, automation, proactive problem management and innovative knowledge management features. Unique 'Human Touch' features improve the service experience, putting people at the heart of the Service Desk.
Hornbill solutions include ITIL-compatible IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Helpdesk, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Customer Services, with the flexibility to build additional service desks at minimal extra cost.
Customers include: :Buckinghamshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Camelot, Greggs, Kent County Council, Knight Frank, London Borough of Merton, London School of Economics, Natural History Museum, The National Archives, Toyota Motorsport and University of Portsmouth.
Hornbill was founded in 1995 and has its Head Office in London. For more information about Hornbill's service management solutions please visit www.hornbill.com.